Jerry Reed has passed away. I have been a fan of his ever since I saw Smokey and the Bandit as a kid. For some reason I always liked his character (Cledus "Snowman" Snow) even better than Burt Reynolds'. He was so cool rockin' the trucker hat and puffy vest and hauling his old hound dog around with him. But Jerry Reed is also an accomplished country musician, and one of my all-time favorite songs is the "East/Westbound and Down" which was the theme song from the movie. It's just a great song! "Amos Moses" is another excellent song from his library. Check it out and honor the life of Jerry Reed. R.I.P. dude. Over and out...
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
R.I.P. Jerry Reed
Jerry Reed has passed away. I have been a fan of his ever since I saw Smokey and the Bandit as a kid. For some reason I always liked his character (Cledus "Snowman" Snow) even better than Burt Reynolds'. He was so cool rockin' the trucker hat and puffy vest and hauling his old hound dog around with him. But Jerry Reed is also an accomplished country musician, and one of my all-time favorite songs is the "East/Westbound and Down" which was the theme song from the movie. It's just a great song! "Amos Moses" is another excellent song from his library. Check it out and honor the life of Jerry Reed. R.I.P. dude. Over and out...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment