I lost my olympic fever sometime last weekend, but was drawn to watch the closing cermonies tonight due to the promise of a performance by one of the greatest of all time: Jimmy Paige.
I sat through all the boring stuff, when finally he apprears with Leona Lewis??? SHE sings "Whole Lotta Love" and does a lousy job of it. His volume was way too low, and for a while I didn't even think he was really playing. But I'm pretty sure he was. He played it exactly like the record (yawn), and it was over pretty quick.
Please don't think I'm hating on the olympics. I thought the opening cermonies were pretty rad, and I did watch of lot of the coverage, particularly late night when I was home alone and bored. I just got really excited to see the great Jimmy Paige live. I have never seen him live before....the closest I have been is watching my DVD of "The Song Remains The Same." I did see Robert Plant live about 7 years ago when he opened for The Who. But now my hopes have been renewed that the surviving members of Led Zep will reunite for a tour that would include the US. Or even just a coouple shows. I have already decided that I will pay up to $500 for a pair of tickets to see that show if it ever happens.
Ok, that's all for now. Later!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment