One of the best parts of my job is that it allows me a lot of time off in the summer. However, most people I know DON'T have that much time off in the summer resulting in me entertaining myself a lot. A sibling loaned me seasons 1 & 2 of "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" to help me pass the time.
I think I caught this show on TV once or twice but never really settled down and watched it until now, and after watching disc 1 I am totally into it! First of all, it is filmed right here in Philly (at least parts of it because I recognize stuff) which makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I see recognizable parts of the city I love on TV. Second, the characters are irreverant and deranged in a funny sort of way. Finally, the plots are just so far out there and pointless that I can't help but laugh.
Although I am a huge comedy fan, it takes a lot to make me laugh out loud (or "LOL" as the kids are saying these days) when I am watching TV by myself, but disc 1 has totally done so. As a matter of fact I would go so far as to say that I LMAO'd once or twice! I would highly recommend this show to anyone looking to pass a little time this summer. The episode where a high school girlfriend tricks Charlie into thinking he got her pregnant in high school making him the new parent of a 10 year old boy is my favorite so far.
If you are a fan of the show or just get a chance to check it out let me know what you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment